The National Assessment and Accreditation Council (NAAC), Bangalore requires that each accredited institution establish an Internal Quality Assurance Cell (IQAC) post accreditation. The purpose of the same is to maintain quality. NAAC suggests that IQAC shall put all effort and take measures towards the promotion of holistic academic excellence of the institution. The Internal Quality Assurance Cell is a crucial cell for institutionalization of quality. The cell will strategize initiatives in the college to fill the gaps and deficiencies to ensure quality and performance.
New Law College is committed to providing quality education in the Law faculty as per the guidelines of University of Mumbai, University Grants Commission and the Government of Maharashtra. It monitors all the academic and administrative activities and is also responsible for its follow-up.
The Primary intent of the IQAC comprises
According to NAAC
- To develop a system for conscious, consistent and catalytic improvement in the overall performance of institutions.
- To promote measures for institutional functioning towards quality enhancement through institutionalization of quality culture and best practices.
Objective of IQAC
- Ensure heightened level of clarity and focus in institutional functioning towards quality enhancement;
- Ensure internalization of the quality culture;
- Ensure enhancement and integration among the various activities of the institution and institutionalize good practices;
- Provide a sound basis for decision-making to improve institutional functioning;
- Act as a dynamic system for quality changes in SPPU; Value Framework
The IQAC of the College works towards promotion of the following core value framework:
- Contributing to National Development
- Fostering Global competencies
- Inculcating a value system among students
- Promoting the use of Technology
- Quest for Excellence
IQAC In Action
- The IQAC of the New Law College is an important cell of the college which has initiated strategies to better monitor and supervise academic and administrative institution.
|Sr. No||Name of the Members||Position
||Dr. Shivani Shelar
||In-Charge Principal & Chairperson
||Dr. Abhay Hake
||Dr. Manohar Sanap
||Mrs. Mrunmayi Ranade
||Prof. Revannath Garje
||Prof. Shashikant Shelar
||Prof. Sanket Maindarkar
||Mr. Nitin Patil
||Adv. Ashraf Shaikh
||Local Society Representative
||Mr. Rajesh Yadav
||Dr. Vinaya Shetty
||Prof. Akhtar A. Kazi
||Ms. Bhakti Chavan
- Annual Quality Assurance Report – (AQAR)
- National Institutional Ranking Framework (NIRF)
- Click here for Re- Accreditation Reports (RAR)
STATUTORY DECLARATION ON INSTITUTION WEBSITE UNDER SEC-4(1)(B) OF RTI ACT 2005
- Citizens can seek information regarding the activities of the college by submitting a written request with details like Name, address, contact number and particulars of the information sought. The reason for seeking information need not be given. The duly signed request may be addressed to the Public Information Officer, New law College, Senapati Bapat Marg, Mahim, Mumbai- 400016 along with the required fee of Rs.10/-. Copies of documents will be charged according to the rate fixed by the State Information Commission, Maharashtra.
- If the reply is not received in time or if the information is not given, you can tender appeal to the First Appellate Authority, New Law College, Mumbai.
Officers as Per Right To Information (RTI) Act – 2005
|Sr. No||Name ||Designation ||Mobile No
||Prof. Dr. Shivani Shelar
||First Appellate Authority
||Mr. Nitin Patil
||Public Information Officer
||+ 91 8291832159